Blogs > Pemberton's Point

Inside look at high school and Oakland University sports from Oakland Press sports writer Dave Pemberton.

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Oakland ranked No. 113

Collegehoops.net has the Oakland men's basketball team ranked No. 113. A bit low in my opinion, but then again the Summit League doesn't get much respect nationally. I don't know enough about every college team in the nation to rank them myself, but 113 still seems low to me. Oakland is ranked the No. 1 team in the Summit League, which with what the Grizzlies have returning is a no-brainer at this stage. Overall it's a solid article on Oakland and worth checking out.

The women's basketball team received some good news Wednesday when North Farmington's Jenna Bachrouche verbally committed to the team. I'll have more on that later in the week.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Grizz Guy said...

No. 113? This just confirms that pre season lists don't mean squat. Like you DP I don't know enough about all the teams in the country, but I think I can safely assume that we are at least in the top 100.

August 24, 2009 at 7:22 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home